Montage Palmetto Bluff │ South Carolina
Nestled along the scenic May River in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, Montage Palmetto Bluff is set within a vibrant 20,000-acre community between Hilton Head Island and Savannah, adorned with 100-year-old oak trees, and 35 miles of waterfront provides an unforgettable backdrop for your next family gathering, executive retreat, client event or wedding weekend. Providing guests access to all that Palmetto Bluff has to offer, the resort encompasses an extensive nature preserve, two picturesque villages featuring eight Southern-inspired dining options, a riverfront marina, and a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course.
Accommodations: At Home on the River
Our collection of spacious cottages, guestrooms, suites, and village homes all pay homage to the Lowcountry’s rich heritage. Featuring classic Lowcountry architecture and luxurious finishes, we offer a serene hideaway for your retreat to the Bluff.
Dining and Drink: River to Table
Abundant in seasonal flavors and Southern hospitality, the eight dining locations at Montage Palmetto Bluff highlight incredible views of the waterways and explore an array of cuisines ranging from a Carolina Smokehouse to a Southern Italian Cafe. Indulge in fresh, Lowcountry-inspired fare paired with our signature southern hospitality across the Bluff’s collection of dining destinations.
- Buffalo’s, savor delicious items such as smoked salmon bagels and artisan pizzas with craft beers at this casual diner with picturesque river views.
- Canoe Club, dine on the finest coastal cuisine while overlooking the calm waters of the May River at this romantic seafood restaurant.
- Canteen, stock up for a family picnic and buy a bottle of wine for later at this handy grab-and-go café.
- Cole’s, named after the owners of Moreland Plantation, is the place to go for regionally inspired comfort food, such as barbecue plates with slaw and a side of double-fried potatoes.
- Fore & Aft, watch the birds in the avian sanctuary as they glide into the lagoon while you polish off a sandwich with a healthy smoothie at this laid-back waterside café.
- Octagon Porch, pair seasonally inspired cuisine with a bottle from the Wine Spectator award-winning wine list at this welcoming restaurant, styled as an authentic Lowcountry veranda.
- Octagon Bar, meet and mellow out at the hotel’s social hub, serving shared plates, steaks, and desserts in a friendly atmosphere.
- River House Lounge, sip cocktails and share light bites around the fire pit at this lounge bar with exceptional views of the May River.
Pedal along pathways lined with giant oaks and blast clays at the shooting range, all before sitting back and relaxing with a sweet tea on the porch and s’mores roasted in a fire pit. With horseback riding, tennis, and quality time on the May River, which is right at your doorstep, every day is a different kind of fulfilling at Montage Palmetto Bluff.
Head to the dock for a scenic boat tour to Daufuskie Island, keeping an eye out for dolphins, turtles, and birds along the way. Team up for a scavenger hunt as part of the Paintbox Children’s Program, where hiking, wildlife spotting, and games can earn children prestigious Montage Merit badges. Later, set off for a round of golf or unwind at signature Spa Montage, before hopping on a paddleboard to watch a vibrant sunset from the water.
Guests can enjoy a complimentary driving experience in one of Cadillac’s award-winning vehicles.
Spa & Wellness: A Tranquil Hideaway
Incorporating elements of the environment, Spa Montage draws inspiration from nature to create an indigenous wellness experience. At Spa Montage, our wellness rituals are inspired by nature, using local elements to provide an authentic sense of place. Relax, unwind and awaken your senses in the tranquility of the South Carolina Lowcountry. Incorporating elements of the environment, Spa Montage draws inspiration from nature to create an indigenous wellness experience.
We combines inspiring views and carefully crafted cuisine to create lasting memories. Our private event venues in South Carolina include
- Over 16,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with natural light and beautiful views, 7,000 square foot ballroom, divisible into four sections.
- Four private boardrooms with natural light and views of the moss-drenched oaks, two waterfront Chapels, authentic Lowcountry river-front event pavilion, expansive outdoor areas for receptions and events.
- Private wine cellar