Manor House │ Mont Rochelle │ Franschhoek
Manor House is a luxury villa located a short walk from the main hotel and just a stone's throw away from the Country Kitchen. The perfect option for a family group or guests looking for a more private retreat, the Manor House features four beautifully appointed suites, kitchen, lounge, two swimming pools and gym. Manor House is available for exclusive hire all year round and can accommodate up to eight guests sharing, plus bunkroom for up to six children.
What’s included ?
- Your luxury accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- Daily 3 course lunch chosen from our menu at the Country - Kitchen or lunch and dinner at Miko
- A drinks package per person per day personalised for your group
- Complimentary wine tasting session
- Laundry service
- Private use of all the facilities, including a heated outdoor pool and gym
- Complimentary selection of drinks and snacks from your minibar (every room; replenished daily)
- Complimentary wireless internet throughout the property
- All local taxes
Dining at Mont Rochelle
There are two restaurants at Mont Rochelle. The Country Kitchen, which joins up to our wine cellar, is an ideal place for a light lunch or a wine tasting. Or if you're after something a little more formal, MIKO is our flagship restaurant boasting a prime location, with impeccable 180-degree views over the Franschhoek valley and surrounding vineyards and mountains. Start the evening with a refreshing cocktail from our bar and find a comfy space on the terrace to watch the sunset.
Mont Rochelle Wine and Vineyards
At Mont Rochelle, we cultivate and nurture various grape varieties including Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon amongst a few others that are used for blending purposes to add complexity. The vineyards are situated between 250m and 400m above sea level exposing the grapes to a range of micro climates. Mediterranean-like conditions found in the Western Cape means dry summers and high winter rainfalls of 1000mm. The Franschhoek Valley also experiences the south-easter which helps bring in cooler air allowing for a longer ripening period.
London Wine Competition
A toast to Mont Rochelle! We are delighted that 3 of our Mont Rochelle wines have won in the London Wine Competition 2019.
• Miko Red 2010 – Gold Award
• Miko White 2016 – Bronze Award
• Syrah 2015 – Bronze Award
The wines are marked out of Quality, Value and Packaging, while our Miko Red was the only South African wine to receive a gold award - cheers!