Necker Island │ British Virgin Islands
Welcome! You’ve just arrived at Necker Island, Sir Richard Branson’s private island paradise. This is barefoot luxury in a setting that’s just about as exclusive as it gets. Necker Island is located in the Caribbean in the beautiful and unspoiled British Virgin Islands.
For the ultimate private getaway, hiring Necker Island exclusively is the only way to go. That’s just you plus your closest friends and family on your own private Caribbean island. One word of warning: once you've seen the world in Necker colours, you might not want to leave! Our rate applies for up to 40 guests staying across the island, however, for larger groups and celebrations we can comfortably accommodate up to 54 guests. Exclusive hire of Necker Island includes the use of the Great House, inclusive of the Master Suite, as well as Leha Lo, Bali Hi, Bali Beach, Bali Cliff, Bali Lo, Bali Buah, Bali Kukila, Temple Master, and Temple Sunrise.
On Necker Island, young guests are bound to have just as much fun as the adults! From amazing treasure hunts to discovering the island's abundant wildlife – they will see a stunning array of wildlife on Necker Island, from lemurs to flamingos to giant tortoises, from pizza making to beach Olympics; splashing around in the pool to attending a pirate party, tennis lessons to jumping around on the water trampoline, we have the perfect activity for all of our younger guests. Kids can stay in the super-equipped Bunk Room at the Great House which is full of toys, books, and gaming consoles. While for even younger guests, we have cots, baby baths, and other baby essentials available on request. Young foodies will also be able to choose from a selection of well-balanced, healthy, and fun meals, keeping both the parents and kids happy.
Necker Island is committed to sustainable development and respecting the local community and environment in which we operate. The solar panels on Necker Island play a key role in the push for the island to be powered completely by renewables. Three wind turbines were installed on suitable spots on the island and together with a solar farm and battery system, they allow the island to be without generators for around 90% of the day and save approximately 2.5 tons of carbon from going into the atmosphere each day.
Necker has a helipad but cannot fly after dark in the BVI except in emergencies
- Your luxury accommodation, all meals, and drinks (including all alcoholic beverages), served in a variety of locations
- Return launch transfer from Virgin Gorda or Beef Island airports
- A dedicated team
- Water sports equipment so you can go kite-surfing, wakeboarding, paddleboarding, sailing, snorkelling, and even SCUBA diving (additional charges apply)
- Disco DJ included, Free Wifi throughout the island
- Boat transfers between Necker and Moskito Island (if accommodation is reserved on Moskito Island)
- The Great House, perched at the island’s highest point, where people come together, to dine, party, or just relax. The house has a wraparound terrace with hammocks and sofas, up on the roof, you’ll find a cosy four-person hot tub, perfect for sipping champagne as you watch the sun set. Dinner at the Great House is a revelation with a variety of themes to make each night unique. Meet at the bar for cocktails and head up to the roof terrace where dinner will be served while you watch the sun set.
- The Beach Pavilion, on the upper level of the Beach Pavilion is a huge dining table that can seat up to 40 guests at any one time with views overlooking the tennis courts to one side and the ocean to the other.
- Floating Sushi Bar, a very unique twist to the traditional sushi bar, and serve the sushi in a floating kayak filled with ice and decorated with beautiful flowers down the Beach Pool. The chefs are there to tell you what decadent rolls and sashimi they have prepared.
Things to do
From sandy white beaches to crystal clear water, there is an endless list of activities on Necker Island to keep you busy throughout your stay. Land-lovers can enjoy everything from yoga to tennis, or take to the waters, here are a few ideas: Kite Surfing, Water-skiing and wakeboarding, Sailing, Paddleboarding, 8 Man Paddleboarding, Kayaking, Sub Wing, Snorkelling, Scuba Diving. On land, if you prefer to look at the ocean rather than taking the plunge, there is plenty to keep you busy on the island itself, like Island walk, Yoga, Tennis, Fitness, The pools, Beach Olympics.
UV Night, Casino Night, Moroccan Night, Disco Fever, Beach Party
As if being on Necker wasn’t relaxing enough, the island also boasts beautiful Samudra Spa treatment rooms.
Weddings on Necker Island
Necker Island is used to ‘unusual’ requests, especially where weddings are involved. For a wedding or special occasion, we can host weddings for as many as 200 people.