Matetsi River House Private Villa │ Zimbabwe
For those in search of seclusion and privacy. Matetsi River House epitomises the luxury of space for you, with family or friends. Privacy and Exclusivity on the banks of the Zambezi River. This exclusive-use 4-bedroomed private villa, positioned within the vast Matetsi Private Game Reserve, close to Victoria Falls, offers the ideal home-away-from-home for families or friends travelling together. Here you’ll be looked after by a dedicated team, including a private chef and butler.
A private safari vehicle is at your disposal, with your personal guide and tracker ensuring a tailor-made safari unlike any other. The private villa features four en-suite bedrooms and open-plan indoor and outdoor living areas with wide verandas and a sparkling private pool overlooking the Zambezi. With its own kitchen, all meals can be enjoyed at the villa, with the option of covered and al fresco dining areas.
Family-owned and independently-run, our beautifully designed luxury safari lodge, sits on the banks of the Zambezi River, within its own 136,000-acre pristine wilderness, Matetsi Private Game Reserve. Matetsi Victoria Falls offers the ideal combination of safari, river, relaxation, and the Falls all-in-one. We cater to guests looking for the ultimate exclusive location from which to explore this remarkable part of the world. In order to showcase exceptional local talent, we have brought together a 100% Zimbabwean team on property. With an in-depth understanding of the founding family’s vision, the team has created a centre for excellence at Matetsi Victoria Falls – from our attentive but not obtrusive butlers to our extraordinary chefs and amazing guides, the passion of our team comes through in every aspect of our guest experience.
Details & Amenities:
- 4,000+ Sq ft private villa, Two master ensuite-bedrooms Two ensuite bedrooms, Indoor, and outdoor lounges Covered, and al fresco dining areas
- Fireplace, Wide verandas, Private swimming pool
- iPads for guest use, In-room Bluetooth speakers
- Private 4×4 safari vehicle with private guide and tracker, Access to a range of guest facilities, including lap pool, fitness studio, library/boardroom, shopping boutique & wine cellar
- Dedicated team of staff, including private chef and butler
- Exquisite meals, Extensive selection of non-alcoholic & alcoholic beverages
- Complimentary laundry
- Safari activities include game drives & optional safari walks, Birdwatching, Sunrise or sunset boat cruise on the Zambezi river, Amateur fishing, Canoeing, Guided walking tour of the Victoria Falls, Private luxury return transfer service to/from Matetsi from/to within the Victoria Falls area
Find peace and tranquility on the banks of the Zambezi river
What to expect. Partnering with Africology, a leading luxurious, natural, eco-friendly spa & skincare company, allows us to offer a truly authentic African spa experience for the mind, body, and soul. Therapeutic in its approach, Africology only uses all-natural ingredients and essential oils. The luxuriant spa products & soothing treatments, inspired by the wisdom of Africa’s traditional healers, celebrate our continent’s vibrant heritage, communities & plant life and create an elevated natural experience.
You’ll relax and unwind on the banks of the Zambezi river, while our skilled Spa Therapists treat you to your treatment of choice, whether that be a massage, body wrap, facial, manicure, or pedicure.
Showcasing Zimbabwean talent through culinary delights.
Our kitchen team is led by two of the finest chefs on the continent, Chef Shane and Chef Artwell, who have taken our cuisine to new heights that guests have likened to some of the best in the world. We understand that the culinary experience is so much a part of your overall guest experience, and so during your stay, you’ll have the opportunity to experience a variety of dining experiences that we have created. Our menus, which are prepared daily, focus on regionally sourced, exceptional produce. And our chefs are adept at catering for a wide range of dietaries, and frequently complimented for pleasing the most particular of requests.
All meals can be eaten in the comfort of your suite if you prefer