The George V Suite │ Villa Igiea │ Palermo
Step back in history whilst settling into one of Villa Igiea's top suites, named after King George V, who took residence here during his visit to Sicily in 1925. Wooden floors and a serene natural palette complement the high ceilings, tall windows and subtle design features. The sitting room doors give way to a private terrace with incomparable sea views, ideal for that ambient sunset aperitivo.
The vast bedroom is furnished with a spacious walk-in wardrobe, a plush super-king-sized bed (complete with pillow menu) and tasteful artworks evoking Sicily’s beauty and heritage. The suite’s expansive ensuite bathroom renders bathing or pampering a truly indulgent experience. Crafted from fine Carrara marble and with handmade Sicilian floor tiles, this serene space boasts a free-standing bathtub, separate walk-in shower and double sinks, with Irene Forte Skincare products, crafted from organic Sicilian botanicals, waiting to be sampled – a guest toilet is situated nearby for entertaining convenience.
- Bathroom, the spacious marble bathroom has a bathtub, separate double shower, and double washbasins. there is also a guest bathroom, luxurious irene forte skincare toiletries, sumptuous Rocco Forte Hotels bathrobes and slippers
- Facilities, private 105 sq m terrace with sea views, separate living room, smart television with interactive entertainment, power point with international adaptor and usb charger, an extra bed is available upon request
Amenities & Features:
- One bedroom suite with one bathroom, Super King bed (which can be twinned), pillow menu
- Private terrace, living room
- Complimentary high speed WiFi, plug socket with USB port, satellite TV
- Wooden floors, walk in wardrobe
- Housekeeping service twice a day
- Air conditioning
- in-Suite check-in
- Personalised Concierge services before and during your Stay
- A welcome bottle of wine from our finest selection as well as seasonal fruits, complimentary mineral water
- Full in-room bar or our Rocco Forte Nourish healthy in-room bar (upon request)
- Breakfast in your Suite or at Florio restaurant
- in-house movies
- Pressing of up to four garments
- Return Palermo’s Airport/station transfer in a Mercedes S class
- Art & Culture: private guide for a 4-hour city tour (transportation and entrance tickets excluded)
- Italian Cuisine: wine tasting at Villa Igiea for two
- Wellness: Fit for you massage for two at Irene Forte Spa
Restaurant & Bars:
- Florio Restaurant,. Travel through time to the peak of the Belle Époque in Palermo, where the Florio family’s most distinguished guests would have dined in this original Louis XVI hall.
- Igiea Terrazza Bar. Discover the true meaning of aperitivo hour in Villa Igiea’s elegant sandstone vaults, and uncover the widest selection of Florio liqueurs.
- Alicetta Pool Bar. One of Palermo’s most renowned al fresco venues, the Alicetta Pool Bar is enclosed in a pretty metal pavilion modelled on the same design as the pavilion of the Palazzo Butera in Palermo.
Irene Forte Spa:
Revive your mind and body in our Sicilian spa, where we fuse the regenerative powers of nature and science. The floral scent of orange blossom fills the air, and nourishing Sicilian botanicals – harvested from Verdura Resort’s Organic Farm in Sicily – enrich our proprietary skincare products.
- 4 treatment rooms
- a double treatment Suite with a Private relaxation terrace
- A beauty salon, offering hair and nail services
- a relaxation room with an outdoor relaxation terrace
- A state-of-the-art Technogym-equipped gym, with fitness studio
Striking Sicilian architecture, sweeping sea views and exquisite cuisine make Villa Igiea’s prestigious location an exceptional venue for your special day. Create the wedding of your dreams in an unforgettable setting with a touch of refined elegance and meticulous detail, culminating in a memorable day to celebrate for years to come.
Meeting Rooms & Business Facilities:
- Sala Basile
- Sala Basile Foyer
- Salone Belmonte
- Belle Époque Ballroom
Experience & Activities:
- Adventure, Helicopter Tour, Madonie Regional Natural Park, Palermo by Cinquecento, discover Sicily by Porsche
- Arts & Culture,The best of Palermo and Monreale, Segesta, erice and Trapani salt pans, Cefalu' & Sastelbuono, Jewish Palermo, in the footsteps of the Florios, the Leopard's locations
- Culinary, Market tour and cookery class, Marsala wineries day trip, Winery Baglio di Pianetto cookery class, Palermo culinary walking tour
- On-Site Activities, outdoor yoga, Irene Forte spa, villa boat