Kasbah Tamadot │ Marrakech
We’re delighted to announce that Kasbah Tamadot has been named #1 Resort Hotel in North Africa & the Middle East in the Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards 2021. This is the fourth time Kasbah Tamadot has won this coveted award, having won in 2017, 2019, 2020 and now 2021. Thank you so much to everyone who voted for us, we are so grateful!
Situated in the spectacular Atlas Mountains in Morocco, the award-winning Kasbah Tamadot was bought by Sir Richard Branson during one of his famous ballooning expeditions. Each of the 28 rooms and suites has been individually decorated to reflect the beautiful architecture of the building and features antiques from all over the world.
It's easy to imagine you're a million miles away from it all in the gorgeous surroundings of Kasbah Tamadot. We're located in Asni, a little village and marketplace in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, an area inhabited by the friendly Berbers.
We don’t do ordinary and a stay at Kasbah Tamadot is unlike any other experience. Wander through the gardens, experience the magic of our team and step into Sir Richard Branson’s Moroccan home and you won’t want to leave. Look out for our offers just in case you needed an excuse to visit us.
We have 28 bedrooms and suites including ten luxury Berber Tents, some of which have private plunge pools. All are individually decorated using traditional Moroccan furnishings and antiques, as well as items from the vast collection of Luciano Tempo, Kasbah Tamadot's former owner. As a renowned antiques dealer and interior designer, Luciano brought together artefacts from all over the world, many of which feature in the bedrooms. Each room has a uniquely descriptive Berber name which tells you something about it.
Groups and Exclusive Use
Celebrate your wedding, birthday, an anniversary, or just use it as a great opportunity to escape with family and friends. Get inspired with the High Atlas Mountains as your backdrop for corporate events. We have 28 rooms and suites and our exclusive-use rates apply when taking 13 or more rooms. Of course we welcome smaller bookings as well and our team will be able to help you plan.
Things to do
Whether you're looking to relax in the spa, soak up the sun by the swimming pool or hike the famous Atlas Mountains, there's a whole host of activities to enjoy during your stay with us.
- Spa Treatments
- Get Active
- Cooking Courses
- Day excursions by car
- Mule Riding
- Cinema Nights
- Asmoun Lounge. In the Berber language, Asmoun means ‘a place to get together or meet’, and the lounge is a great place to take in the views over the valley, spend a relaxing afternoon, or enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail. The lounge is equipped with a pool table, satellite TV, DVD player, music system and a fully stocked bar.
- Tennis Courts. We have two floodlit Astroturf tennis courts and it’s one of Richard Branson’s favourite activities when he visits. Racquets and balls are available on request. Tennis coach MAD 1,300 for two people, per hour..
- Work it out. If you’re looking to keep fit while you’re visiting, our air conditioned gym is equipped with a running machine, bike, multifunctional weight station and free weights.
- Heated indoor and outdoor pools. Take a dip in the outdoor infinity pool and take in the stunning views of the Atlas Mountains. If outside is a bit too chilly, try the heated indoor pool with its own lounge area.
- Table tennis. Feeling competitive? Challenge someone to a game of table tennis or pool.
- Yoga. Relax and rejuninate with an hour-long yoga class, available every Tuesday and Friday at 11am. Just ask a member of the team who'll let you know the location on the day. MAD 130 per person.
- Asounfou Spa. No stay with us is complete without a little bit of extra pampering. “Asounfou” is the Berber word meaning relaxation. To make your experience with us even more tranquil indulge in one of our signature treatments.
The food we serve marries local produce and flavours and is served with a great selection of international and Moroccan wines. With an intimate fireside bar for pre-dinner cocktails and a stunning rooftop dining area complete with wonderful views of the Atlas Mountains, Kanoun Restaurant serves delicious local and international cuisine. The food we serve marries local produce and flavours and is paired with a great selection of international and Moroccan wines. Kanoun Restaurant is open for all hotel guests and day visitors and is short drive from Marrakech.
Weddings and blessings
We love wedding celebrations, and what could be more spectacular than a ceremony in a luxurious retreat at the foothills of the High Atlas Mountains.
We can arrange everything you need from intimate ceremonies to larger celebrations for your nearest and dearest.