Necker Suite │ Le Grand Contrôle │ Versailles
The spacious Necker Suite is the former private apartment of Jacques Necker, the finance minister and statesman who became a significant figure in the French Revolution. Serving under Louis XVI, he was arguably the most popular minister of the era and his wife founded the oldest children's hospital in the Western world.
Designed for two, the grandest Suite at Le Grand Controle boasts four metre high ceilings, and an impressive layout, perfect for those wanting to relive the lavish Palace lifestyle.
With Versailles parquet flooring throughout and a magnificent four-poster bed, guests will also benefit from a generous living room space.
Featuring a freestanding bathtub of dreams, guests will enjoy breathtaking views over the lush Orangery Garden, the Lake of the Swiss Guards, and the Palace of Versailles from their bathroom. With triple aspect views, this light filled Suite is a must for experiencing Le Grand Contrôle in all of its 18th-century splendour.
- Capacity: 2 people, 120m²
- Suite details: Period fireplace, four-poster bed, 1 bathroom (bathtub and shower) with view, 2 separate toilets (single sink in each), floor: Versailles parquet, ceiling height: 4.10 m.
To ensure a memorable trip, every stay at Le Grand Controle will unlock a host of exclusive benefits and privileged access to Château de Versailles and its grounds:
- exclusive tour of the Estate of Trianon
- explore a different part of the Palace ‘after hours’ every evening with a complimentary private tour. Along with access to the main areas of the Palace of Versailles, your guide will also reveal previously unseen spaces
- Perfect for exploring, guests will also receive unlimited complimentary access to electric golf carts and electric boats. - For those keen to keep up with fitness goals, private yoga and fitness classes are available on request whilst full access to the Valmont Spa allows for royal relaxation.
A special welcome for animals:
Your pets are also our VIP guests at Le Grand Contrôle and receive their own royal welcome:
- A padded basket and personalised mat in your room
- Special gifts: silver bowls with treats and bottled water
- Their own menu designed by the restaurant’s Chef Alain Ducasse
- A pet-sitting service and agility course by the Swiss Lake on demand (available soon)
- Connecting rooms
- King bed
- Air Conditioning in Room
- Wireless internet connection
- Separate tub and shower
- Bathroom amenities